Khurda - Foundation - 1897 

Kripalaya Convent Khurda

Foundation

In 1897 six Sisters from Mhow left for Khurda, to take care of the orphans whose parents had died in the Cholera epidemic.

The Sisters discontinued their services in 1943 and the mission was handed over to the Holy Spirit Sisters. In 1985 again, we were asked to take up the mission and thus the FSMA presence still continues.

Apostolate
 
2 Sisters are working in the school, run by the SVD Fathers. 1 sister is engaged in the Social work in collaboration with the IDSS, Indore. We are also running a Dispensary which provides medical assistance to patients from around the villages.

Community

The community consists of 5 Sisters involved in various apostolates.

Our Office

Kripalaya, C/o. Catholic Church,
Khurda, P.O. Khurdi,
Via Manpur, M.P. 453661
9731071711 (Mobile)
7389098196 (Mobile)
8120357510 (Mobile)
kripalayaconventfsma@gmail.com  

Address
  • Sr. Provincial
  • St. Mary's Convent
  • Mhow -453 441 (M.P)
  • Distt : Indore
  • Madhya Pradesh (INDIA)
Contact Us
  • +91-7324-273473
  • +91 9425319418
  •  
  • provfsmamhow@gmail.com
History

The Institute of the Franciscans Of St. Mary Of The Angels, was founded in 1871 by Fr. Chrysostom O.F.M. ( Ferdinand Potton) and Sr. M. Chrysostom of the Cross (Caroline Rurange).